Frog's Lily Pad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Dolly (public)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frog
Admin
Frog

My Dolly (public) Empty
PostSubject: My Dolly (public)   My Dolly (public) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 1:44 pm

I made a doll !
(she stands approximately 17.5" tall)

The idea behind this doll is I can tinker around making outfits for fun when I'm bored.  I thought it would be a good long-term project with endless possibilities in the future.  Not only can I make her outfits, but I designed her so I could make & change wigs.  AND I also have plans to make different masks she can wear.  She's made with wire inside, so she's posable too.

Here's a list of the outfit designs I had in my head before getting the doll made.  Some were accomplished & most remain on the wish list which has grown since this was written  ...  (black goth, pink PJ's with bunny slippers, fresh-out-of-the-shower towel wig & matching wrap - could be worn with bunny slippers  lol,  white angel type outfit, any number of beatutiful gowns, a harlequin type clown, a geisha mask/outfit, she could have a frog costume, I could make her a catwoman... I mean it's endless in my head right now!  LOL)

So that's the project in a nutshell  ^^

This is a link to the Private version of this post with LOTS more backstage pictures of the creation process.  Sorry, only registered members can view.  If you're curious about registering, you can use the "Contact" button... but even better is to send me (Jennifrog Ribbit) a message on Facebook.  Wink

The spoilers below are "My Dolly"  (Sylvia) pictures.

Enjoy!

Sylvia's Easter Bedroom
Easter Bedroom 022:

Easter Frog Day
025 Easter Frog Day:

(A travel case I made for the doll)
Travel Case 026:

OMG Knock First !!!!!!!!!  
029 KnockFirst:

But first, lemme take a selfie!
Mask 2:

And that's My Dolly!
(so far ...)

jocolor

Last edited by Frog on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://lilypad.forumotion.com
Frog
Admin
Frog

My Dolly (public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dolly (public)   My Dolly (public) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 1:45 pm

And here is a new mask I made for Sylvia!  She was in desperate need of a decent face.  By the time I had made her first mask, I was exhausted by creating the doll.  I knew I wanted 1) the doll.  2) a face/mask.  3) a wig.  4) at least one outfit.  So I had a lot to accomplish and the first mask suffered.  But I'm very pleased to announce :  Sylvia is no longer hideous! LOL!

My Dolly (public) 031Mask2painted_zpsdbc96774

And because I like to make scene images with her new looks, here's a piece I call  "But first, Lemme take a selfie!"  - because she feels sexy now.  hehe!

My Dolly (public) 032LemmeTakeaSelfie_zpsc634facf

This is the beginning of the newly transferred "My Dolly" thread here on The Lily Pad site.  I had this posted on another site, but have decided it was time to post it here in my new online art gallery.  I'm sad I can't transfer all the posts & comments from the original site, but I'm happy to start sharing here on the Lily Pad where more people might see it.  In the future, I'll post updates to My Dolly here.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Frog
Admin
Frog

My Dolly (public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dolly (public)   My Dolly (public) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:54 pm

P.S.  I only have black, white, flesh and bright pink acrylic paint right now, so she has gray eyes.  I'm hoping to go back in & make them blue later.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Dolly (public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dolly (public)   My Dolly (public) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dolly (public)
Page 1 of 1