Frog's Lily Pad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WARNING: Please do not click the advertisements on this site!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frog
Admin
Frog

WARNING:  Please do not click the advertisements on this site! Empty
PostSubject: WARNING: Please do not click the advertisements on this site!   WARNING:  Please do not click the advertisements on this site! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:20 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK INSIDE THE ADVERTISEMENT SPOT!

I'm able to have this site because Forumotion provides a free service.
(yes, that's right, I'm poor.)

One of the drawbacks to being a non-paid user is I'm unable to remove the advertisement spot that appears at the top of every page. I'm grateful for a free service like this. I understand that the advertisements are what ALLOWS me to use the service free-of-charge. Normally, I wouldn't have an issue with it.

HOWEVER,

Some of the advertisements here are not only sneaky, attempting to trick people into clicking the ads, but I've received notifications from my personal computer protection software stating some of these sites may actually contain malicious content.

THAT I have an issue with. A big issue.

So pretty please do not ever click inside the advertisement spot on this site while visiting.
(no matter what it says you should be doing or need lol)

Below is a screenshot of exactly where the advertisement spot is. (Red arrows)
This appears at the top of every page here at the Lily Pad.

WARNING:  Please do not click the advertisements on this site! AdvertisementScreenshot_zps50968d36

Here are some examples of the trickery they attempt to use to get you to click:

WARNING:  Please do not click the advertisements on this site! BadAds_zpsfcc500d0

I apologize for the need to warn you about this.
If I could afford it, I would remove the advertisements to protect your computer's safety in a heartbeat. But I'm not able to do that. So I wanted to at least try to warn you against it.

Ignore the stupid ads, and enyoy the rest!  little red heart 

Back to top Go down
https://lilypad.forumotion.com
AZRandy

AZRandy

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Please do not click the advertisements on this site!   WARNING:  Please do not click the advertisements on this site! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:36 am

Yeah, they are tricky. One of my latest pet peeves are
the adds they put right in the "News" line-up. I usually look through places like Yahoo
for my general take on latest news and have noticed cleverly designed spots that look
exactly like news articles. Really nasty! If it weren't for a little icon showing off to the
side I wouldn't know the difference. Really tricky and nasty folks out there. We do need
to be cautious, on every front it seems, when perusing the inter-webs.  Very Happy 

Thanks for pointing this out Jenny!

rendeer 
 little red heart 
Back to top Go down
Frog
Admin
Frog

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Please do not click the advertisements on this site!   WARNING:  Please do not click the advertisements on this site! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 11:14 am

Yeah, I don't have respect for trickery like that. Nor do I respect those obnoxious ads that take your entire screen hostage. Being annoying and deceitful is a good way to help me remember which company/product to specifically NOT give money too.

Yes, AT&T, I'm talking to you.  Evil or Very Mad 

LOL!
Back to top Go down
https://lilypad.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Please do not click the advertisements on this site!   WARNING:  Please do not click the advertisements on this site! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WARNING: Please do not click the advertisements on this site!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frog's Lily Pad :: The Lily Pad :: General Information-
Jump to: